Critique ~ Craft ~ Community ~ Conferences
Lexington Word Weavers’ mission is to help fulfill the Great Commission given by Jesus in the New Testament, except we go into all the world through our words.
We work to fulfill our mission by:
- Actively praying for each other’s successes
- Holding monthly critique sessions
- Offering annual retreats and one-day conferences for training, in-depth critique, and fellowship
- Sharing information about writing opportunities, conferences, and contests
- Helping connect members with editors, agents, and other publishing professionals
- Providing guest speakers at conferences and retreats
- Offering smaller, genre-specific focus groups in addition to the general critique sessions
- Building professional knowledge through our website
- Striving for excellence in such a manner that we are recognized by our professionalism and work
Who We Are: Word Weavers International
In March 1997, five members of Northland Church (Longwood, Florida) gathered around a dining room table, eager to encourage one another in the art of writing.
Since then, we have grown from those five members to over thirty face-to-face membership chapters (including Lexington Word Weavers) across the United States and Canada with over 600 members.
Through the use of our unique method of critique, our members have sharpened their skills, found their way to publication in a number of genres and venues, and won awards of excellence.
What Defines a Word Weaver Critique Group?
- Our focus is Christ-centered.
- We behave thusly in our work and in our attitudes and behavior.
- We are professional. With our unique process and format, we show our industry that we take our craft seriously.
- We are encouraging to others. We believe that, having been blessed, we are to be a blessing to others.
About Lexington Word Weavers
The Lexington chapter seeks to serve writers who want to write for God’s glory and live in the greater Columbia, SC area and the surrounding region. We even have writers from the Augusta, GA area who’ve joined our chapter.
If you can get to us, we’d love to serve you. We meet on the 2nd Monday of every month.
We meet on the
2nd Monday of every month
6:45 pm – 9:00 pm
Trinity Baptist Church Cayce
2003 CHARLESTON HIGHWAY
CAYCE, SC 29033
Local Leadership Team
President, Jean Wilund
Vice-President, Lori Hatcher
Chaplain, Greta Owens
(She actually looks much better than this, but until we get a photo of her, Stick Guy will have to stand in.)
Group Division Manager, Linda Wagster
Group Division Team Member, Meredith Mills
Hospitality, Toni Rypkema
Membership Coordinator, Gloria Barrett
Website Manager, Cheryl Simpson