A critique service for blog posts is available for all Lexington Word Weavers Blogging & Social Media Workshop attendees.
Lori Hatcher, Editor of Reach Out, Columbia magazine and author of the book and blog, Hungry for God … Starving for Time (www.LoriHatcher.com), will offer in-depth critiques of your blog post(s).
Critiques by industry professionals provide valuable, objective feedback on writing style, formatting, voice, mechanics, and other elements essential for writing success.
Successful and starting writers consider a critique a valuable investment in their writing journey.
During the workshop on April 1, you’ll receive a full assessment of your blog post, including a written list of suggestions and things you’re doing well.
Blog Post Critique
- Word Count: 250 -1500 words (Anything over 1500 words will be discarded.)
- Title Page: Include a title page with your submission: title, genre, page numbers, word count, audience, and your name/email and other contact information on the title page within your document. A confirmation will be sent to you within 24 hrs. (Resend if you do you receive a confirmation.) SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT THESE DETAILS WILL NOT BE CRITIQUED.
- Format: Times News Roman, Double-spaced, One-Inch Margins, WORD DOCUMENT. Be sure you combine all requirements into a SINGLE document.
- Fee: $15/blog post
- Email your submission to Lori at LoriAHatcher@gmail.com. Payment by check will be made directly to Lori. (Email her for the address.) Critiques will be completed upon receipt of payment. (The fee applies for each submission.)
- Deadline: March 25, 2017.
- Completed critiques will be returned to you at the Lexington Word Weavers Blogging and Social Media Workshop on April 1. You will automatically be given a 15-minute appointment with Lori during lunch or break to review your critique.